Monday, June 06, 2011

funded

this kickstarter thing is the best idea ever. congrats jenny on getting the funding you were looking for, and with four days left to spare!!!

and in other news, weiner admits guilt...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congressman_twitter_photo

and the thai king is insulted...
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/u-citizen-charged-thai-royal-insult-111055626.html

thailand bans buddha tattoos...

(this is the thai rapper nicky pimp... and you gotta love his other tattoo as well - it lets you know that he is his "dad's child." wow.)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/02/thailand-ban-tourists-buddha-tattoo

and Laos is trying to replant its forests...
http://www.vientianetimes.org.la/FreeContent/free_No.htm

5 comments:

Chandra said...

Yay! You're back! Does this mean you've been working on my video with all the free time you've had???

stacer said...

I love Kickstarter. You know that's how I started my publishing company (which is now an imprint, etc) right? It's become really successful at starting music and film projects particularly. Looking forward to seeing the film.

D said...

Since you're promoting so many wonderful things, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me get as many votes as I can for the Jai Lao Foundation essay contest. Voting starts on June 10th. In order to vote, you have to "Like" Jai Lao Foundation first on Facebook. My essay is Ban Hat Kham - essay #1. Thanks!

jrm said...

hey chandra! whats up with your blog never letting me post comments. i've tried 3 times now, and nothing... and i had some pretty funny comments too... so funny, i almost thought to audition as a daily show writer.

and stacy! HOW ARE YOU??? i really wanna come out to ny sometime. (i also want to audition for some broadway show. do you need acting skills for that?) your blog is really really cool. glad you are doing such interesting things.

and bhet... i posted on it! i think i will make a follow up post coming up here real soon...

Chandra said...

Ok I think its fixed so comment away...I'm dying to see what you have to say...